1. Purpose: Mayor Kebler maintains social media accounts and pages primarily as a way to communicate to City of Bend residents through multiple online channels, as a supplement to communicating with residents through email, meetings, and traditional media sources. Mayor Kebler welcomes input from the public on social media, but she does not have the capacity or ability to monitor and moderate her social media on a full-time basis. Though social media is a useful way to reach many residents, Mayor Kebler does not believe that social media is necessarily the best forum for nuanced or difficult discussions about City business and City issues. The best and most effective way of making a comment, giving input, or otherwise connecting with Mayor Kebler is by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For detailed information about city business please refer to the city’s website www.bendoregon.gov .
2. Personal opinion: Mayor Kebler’s social media sites are maintained by Mayor Kebler, are not official pages for the City of Bend, and do not represent the position of the City of Bend. Any opinions or thoughts expressed by Mayor Kebler on social media are her own personal opinions or thoughts unless otherwise stated.
3. Comment policy: All content submitted by the public on Mayor Kebler’s social media sites is monitored and moderated, and is considered public information that may be subject to disclosure to third parties under Oregon Public Records law. Mayor Kebler maintains the discretion to hide or remove comments that:
- Include threats or harassing personal attacks;
- Promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination upon the basis on race, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, source of income, or other protected status under applicable law;
- Conduct or encourage illegal activity;
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Include solicitations of commerce or charitable contributions, except for City-sponsored activities;
- Include inappropriate sexual content or links to inappropriate sexual content;
- Include repetitive, “spam” comments unrelated to the topic at hand;
- Include private and confidential information; and
- Include information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
4. Responsibility: Please note that the comments expressed on Mayor Kebler’s social media pages by individuals do not reflect the opinions and positions of Mayor Kebler or the City of Bend. Mayor Kebler takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for content posted by individuals on her social media pages.
Last updated: 1/16/2023